Volume: about 1/2 quart over stock at factory fill level
Dimensions: About 3/8 inch deeper than stock. Click here for dimensions.
- Designed for 2014 and newer Ram 2500
- Clears sway and pan hard bars for the coil suspension, no modifications needed
- Additional capacity: approximately 1/2 quart over stock at factory fill level
- Fins for dissipating heat from fluid
- Level check holes on side at the stock fill level line and at stock fill level hole
- Fill holes on top and the side
- Drain on bottom for easy servicing
- Boss (unmachined) if needed for temperature sending unit
- Cover comes with new mounting bolts, fill plugs, and magnetic drain plug, all included
- PML standard top quality heavy duty sand cast aluminum construction
- Ram 2500, 2014 to 2017
- Ram 2500, 2003 to 2013, with the high output diesel, 5.9 diesel or 6.7 diesel (can also use PML Part Number 10361)
- Ram 2500 Mega Cab, 2006 to 2013, with the 5.7 Hemi, 5.9 diesel, or 6.7 diesel (can also use PML Part Number 10361)
- Ram 3500, 2003 to 2016 (can also use PML Part Number 10361)
2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Ram 2500 trucks feature coil suspension and have a sway (stabilizer) bar and pan hard rod right behind the stock cover. This cover works without modification on trucks with or without the optional air suspension add-on to the link coil suspension.
This rear cover fits the American Axle 11.5, 11.8 inch (300mm, 292mm) ring gear, 14 bolt differential, found on many Ram trucks, 2003 and newer. Trucks without the pan hard and sway bars can also use PML Part Number 10361.
Always check your truck to verify your differential and clearance.
Our thanks to those who have provided information and pictures of their trucks and worked with us during development of this cover.
Level Check and Fluid Fill Holes
Fill hole is near the top of the cover, about the 1 o'clock position. The top level check hole can also be used to fill.
This PML differential cover has two level check holes. The bottom of one hole is at the same location as the bottom of the stock cover oil fill hole. The bottom of the other hole is at the same location as the stock cover fluid level line. Follow your factory directions to fill with the correct amount of fluid.
Both the stock cover fluid level line and the fill hole are on the face of the stock cover. PML puts the holes on the side for easier access.
Note: Locations are approximate. Installer must verify fit and fluid capacity.
Optional Machining for Temperature Sending Unit
This cover will also have an undrilled boss for a temperature sensor. It can be machined for a 1/8 NPT. If you want PML to drill and tap the boss, there is a $45 machining charge.
Front Cover for 4WD Trucks
PML makes a front differential cover these Dodge Ram trucks. On our front covers, PML keeps the profile close that of the stock cover to avoid interference with the steering, frame or suspension.
2013 and newer Ram 3500 and 2014 and newer Ram 2500 trucks have a round front end stock cover with 12 bolts. Please see PML's 12 bolt front differential cover.
Pre 2013/2014 trucks have the AAM 9.25 14 bolt cover and would need PML's 14 bolt front differential cover.
PML Differential Cover Compared to Stock
These images show this PML differential cover compared to the stock cover.
Our thanks to our customers for their feedback, pictures, and videos:
- 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7
- 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7, Video of Installation
- 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7, No Air Suspension Upgrade
- 2015 Ram 2500HD 4x4 6.4L Hemi, Coil Suspension
- 2016 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7L Diesel
- 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Diesel
- 2017 Powerwagon 6.4L Hemi
- 2017 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel
- 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4x4
2014 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7
Chris installed both PML front and rear differential covers on on his 2014 Ram 2500 truck with the coil suspension.
Images show (from left to right):
2014 Ram 2500, PML front differential cover, stock rear differential cover, PML rear differential cover installed
Click on an image to view larger in a new tab or window.
2014 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7, Video of Installation
CJC Offroad installed this cover on their 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 and shot a video of the installation:
CJC installed a prototype cover (first design). The current design has a bit more clearance and a pad for the brake line bracket.
2014 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7, No Air Suspension Upgrade
Brian installed this cover on his 2014 Ram 2500HD 4x4 6.7L with coil suspension. His truck does not have the air suspension, which is an optional upgrade. Brian reported that "the rear cover install went pretty easy." He also said that "The only downside is the cover looks so nice, it brings attention to how weathered my rear axle looks. I'll have to repaint it in the spring.".
2015 Ram 2500HD 4x4 6.4L Hemi, Coil Suspension
Jimmy installed our prototype cover on his 2015 Ram 2500HD 4x4 6.4L, which he uses for towing. He dropped the sway bar to make swapping the covers easier. Our thanks to Jimmy for his great write-up about his installation and pictures.
Read Jimmy's: Ram 2500 Installation Notes
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7L Diesel
Ruben installed this cover on his 2016 Ram 2500HD 4x4 with the 6.7 Cummins diesel. He loosened both sides of the sway bar with a 15mm wrench to make swapping the covers easier. The stock bolts needed a 13mm wrench. He decided to fill to the bottom of the lower hole, which is the same location as the fill line on the stock cover. He added 4½ quarts, which is exactly ½ quart over his stock capacity of 4 quarts.
2017 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Diesel
Marion purchased PML front and rear covers for his 2017 Ram 2500HD 6.7 L Cummins Laramie. Our thanks to him for sharing pictures and comments from his installation.
He was not able to install the PML rear differential cover with the sway bar in place. He unscrewed four bolts and the sway bar lowered. He purchased this rear cover in the bare metal as-cast finish and found that touching it with oily hands made it look dirty quickly. So he painted the rear cover all black and purchased the front cover in the PML black powder coat finish. For fluid, Marion added 4 1/2 quarts of 75W 90 Synthetic Anti-Slippery Fluid for the rear.
He loves the look and the easiness of replacing the fluid wtih the PML covers.
2017 Powerwagon 6.4L Hemi
Sal installed PML front and rear covers on his 2017 Power Wagon 2500 4x4 Hemi. He bought the as-cast finish covers then painted them. He also purchased and installed ARP bolts. He is very happy with the fit and appearance.
PML front cover, second picture, is Part Number 11136.
2017 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel
Allen installed this cover on his 2017 Ram 2500HD with the 6.7 Cummins diesel.
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4x4
Nick installed this rear differential cover and PML front cover, part number 11136, on his 2018 Ram 2500 Cummins diesel 4x4. Pictures show that there were not any clearance issues with the PML covers and the stock suspension.
For a larger picture, please click one of the above images. A separate window will open showing a bigger picture. (The larger pictures take a minute to display.)
PML Differential Cover Features:
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- All hardware provided, including magnetic drain plug
Learn more about finishes and construction of PML parts.
Made in the USA