Filter Winch and Recovery
The recreational offroad industry is full of low quality imported shackles due to their low cost. This limits the locations to purchase USA made shackles to only your local rigging supply store. We have partnered with the Crosby Group to offer their quality shackles in our durable UV stable powder coated finishes. Each shackle is first powder coated with an epoxy based powder coating for superior corrosion resistance, then powder coated in a polyester based material for UV stability.
Use your receiver as a recovery tow point.
- Lightweight precision CNC machined 6000 series aluminum
- Weighs only 1.9 pounds. Steel versions weigh up to 8 pounds
- Rated at 9500 pounds
- Ultimate failure at 51,000 pounds
- Fits standard 2 inch receivers
- Fits common ¾ screw pin shackles/D-Rings
- Anodized or powder coated for oxidation protection
MADE IN USA
Eliminate the conventional winch hook and replace it with a safer and stronger FlatLink shackle thimble and D-ring. The FlatLink shackle mount is the Industry’s first folding shackle mount for recovery winches. With less than 1.75 inches of thickness, the Flatlink will work with all roller fairlead license plate mounting brackets. Conventional winch hooks can cut and fray recovery straps and often allow strap ends to escape during momentary slack cycles of a typical winching recovery. Screw pin shackles do not allow strap loops to escape due to the secure screw pin attachment. The FlatLink does not require splicing and is compatible with steel cables or synthetic ropes up to 3/8 inches in diameter. The cable eye is retained in the FlatLink by a 5/8 inch diameter grade 5 steel double shear pin and internal snap ring. It is installed easily in minutes. The EPDM Rubber Guards protect alloy fairleads and are securely attached to the FlatLink with 4 barbed tips. The FlatLink stows neatly against either roller or Hawse type fairleads and is designed to be used with common 3/4 inch shackles. MADE IN THE USA, the FlatLink is constructed of 6000 series billet aluminum and is anodized/powder coated in 5 different colors.
- MADE IN USA
- Precision machined from 6000 series aluminum
- Compatible with all roller fairlead license plate mounting brackets
- When folded flat – less than 1.75 inches of thickness
- Weight – 23 ounces
- Max load rating : 16,000 pounds
- Ultimate failure : greater than 40,000 pounds
- Fits steel cables and synthetic winch ropes to 3/8 inch diameters
- EPDM Rubber Guard protects alloy fairleads and cushions line stowage.
- Simple snap ring removal for shear pin.
- Fits common 3/4 shackles/D-Rings
- Eliminates hook rattle and fairlead damage.
Factor 55 introduces a new line of Aluminum Hawse Fairleads. The 1.0 and 1.5 fairleads are CNC machined from 1 and 1.5 inch thick USA 6000 series aluminum bar. The industry standard fairlead thickness is .75 inches thick. The thicker aluminum bar results in a larger outer fillet radius for the synthetic rope to slide against. This results in less stress on the rope fibers during high angular pulls, increasing the life of your synthetic rope. The 1.0 and 1.5 fairleads are the industry’s first Hawse fairleads compatible with larger ½ inch diameter rope tube thimbles. The rope slot height opening is taller to allow the larger ½” tube thimbles to pass through. There is also a machined outer corner chamfer to reduce rope stress for those than plan on using the winch as a front suspension “suck down” device. These fairleads come in a durable MIL-A-8625F TYPE III gun metal gray hard anodized finish with a machined logo.
For synthetic winch rope only.
The Factor 55 ProLink XXL is the largest and strongest ProLink winch shackle mount in production. The ProLink XXL provides winch owners with a means to replace the conventional winch hook with a safer and stronger screw pin shackle/D-ring. Originally designed for military 24,000 pound winch applications, the ProLink XXL is now available to the general public. Like all models in the ProLink family, the XXL is engineered and made in the USA from 6000 series billet aluminum and is equipped with a 6Al-4V titanium double shear pin. In this case the shear pin diameter is .750 inches. The base of the XXL is protected by the barbed high durometer EPDM rubber guard. With a working load limit of 24,000 pounds and an ultimate failure of over 63,000 pounds, the Prolink XXL is definitely up to the task. The XXL is compatible with steel cables and synthetic ropes up to ½ inch in diameter. The XXL is also compatible with common ¾ inch shackles as well as larger 7/8 inch shackles. Like other ProLink products, the XXL is available in 5 anodized/powder coated colors – black, silver, gray, red, and blue.
USA and International Patents Pending.
- MADE IN USA
- 6000 series billet Kaiser Aluminum
- .750 inch diameter Titanium double shear pin
- 5 inches tall and 4 inches in diameter.
- Working Load Limit of 24,000 pounds
- Ultimate failure of greater than 63,000 pounds
- Fits all steel cables and synthetic ropes up to ½ inch diameter
- EPDM “Rubber Guard” protects alloy Hawse fairleads
- Simple snap ring shear pin retainment
Replace conventional winch hooks with the new safer, stronger, and smarter Factor 55 ProLink shackle mount.
Factor 55 introduces the new ProLink shackle mount for winch cables and synthetic ropes. Engineered and machined in the USA from lightweight billet 6061 aluminum, the ProLink provides a safe means to easily attach a standard 3/4″ screw pin shackle to existing winch cable and rope eyes The cable or rope eye is captured into the body of the ProLink by a removable oversized 5/8″ double shear pin. The front of the ProLink provides the precision shackle mounting hole and massive 1.2″ thick mounting tab. The ProLink is compatible with both Hawse and Roller fairleads and snugs neatly against both versions.
The advantages of winching with a screw pin shackle over a conventional winch hook are many:
- Screw pin shackles are up to 5X stronger than conventional winch hooks
- Conventional hooks are too small to safely fit both ends of a recovery strap
- Recover straps cannot slip out of a shackle like they can with hooks
- Hook safety latches are not rated for loads and can tear recovery straps
- Conventional hook surfaces add higher stresses to recovery strap fibers, resulting in decreased strap ratings
- Shackles can be quickly removed and stowed away until needed for winching.
- Hooks do not cinch neatly against fairleads and are prone to rattling and loosening
- Conventional winch hooks are designed for chains – not commonly used recovery straps
- Engineered, Tested, and Made in USA — Patent Pending
- Stress analyzed using COSMOS FEA and destructively tested for confirmation
- Billet construction — precision machined from 6061-T6 Kaiser Aluminum round bar
- 16,000 pound max load rating
- Fits all steel cables and synthetic ropes up to 3/8″ in diameter
- Fits eyes equipped with standard or tube thimbles to 3/8 inch diameters
- 1.2 inch shackle tab thickness virtually eliminates “shackle rattle”
- 5/8 inch diameter 6Al-4V titanium double shear pin
- Optional EPDM “Rubber Guard” protects alloy Hawse fairleads — rubber barb attachment
- Can be installed and removed in minutes — simple snap ring removal
- Cinches neatly against all types of fairleads — Hawse or Roller
- Beautifully anodized and zinc plated in the USA