Volume: 0.5 qts. more than stock for AOD, stock capacity for AODE, 4R70, 4R75
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 14
For information on differences between AOD, AODE, 4R70 (4R70W , 4R70E), and 4R75 (4R75W, 4R75E) transmissions, click here. Select AOD or AODE, 4R70, 4R75 when you order.
This transmission pan fits 1981 and newer 2WD & 4WD Ford vehicles with automatic overdrive transmissions such as Mustang, Thunderbird, F150, Expedition and Lincoln Mark VII.
On applications where the exhaust is routed close to the passenger side of the trans pan (Mustang and some others), please check to be sure there is room for the drain plug boss. The drain plug is on the passenger side of the pan, and it’s boss sticks out almost as far as the gasket flange.
A Ford reusable gasket should not be used with this pan. An aftermarket flat gasket is recommended and should be available in any auto parts store.
Filter requirements for this pan:
- AOD – must use 2WD AOD filter. 4WD filter wil not fit.
- AODE, 4R70, 4R75 – must use 2WD AODE filter. 4WD AODE and all 4R70 filters will not fit.
PML Transmission Pan Features
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Mounting hardware provided
Gasket and filter not included (use stock parts).
Learn more about finishes and construction of PML parts.