Volume: 0.5 qt. over stock
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
The PML cover for Ford trucks and SUVs has a patterned fin design and a low clearance. It adds capacity to help lower the differential fluid temperature. Thick walls and gasket flanges add strength to the differential housing and provide a uniform clamping force on the gasket surface for a secure seal.
See PML part number 7092 for a straight fin design.
This rear end differential cover fits many Ford trucks and SUVs. Some common applications for the Ford 9¾ differential are:
- F150, 4.6 or 5.4 engine, 2003 and newer
- F150, 1997-2003, 5.4 engine (other engine sizes from 1997-2003, please see PML Ford 8.8 diff cover)
- Navigator, 1995-2006 can use this cover or the Ford 8.8 diff cover so check before ordering
- Lightning, 1999-2004 (clearance is very tight so use dimensions provided with link below to before ordering)
- Expedition, 1997-2002, 5.4 engine (check carefully for clearance)
Always check the vehicle to verify the differential and make sure there is clearance for a larger cover.
Drain, Fill, Level Check, Temperature Sending Unit
These PML differential covers have a drain hole on the bottom and include a magnetic drain plug.
There is a fill hole on top.
On the vehicles this cover was designed for there is a plug on the driveshaft side of the differential for level check (this can also be used for filling).
A boss on the differential cover can be machined for a temperature sending unit. PML has machine shop and charges $40 per hole.
Motorz TV made a video of an Ford F-150 gear swap and included the installation of this PML differential cover. To watch the video, click here.
For a larger picture, please click one of the above images. A separate window will open showing a bigger picture. (The larger pictures take a minute to display.)
PML Differential Cover Features:
- Increased oil capacity for cooler temperatures
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to differential housing
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal using RTV or factory reusable gasket
- Oil changes without removing the cover
- All hardware provided, including magnetic drain plug
Learn more about finishes and construction of PML parts.