Volume: stock capacity
Dimensions: Click here for dimensions.
Number of Bolts: 13
The PML GM Turbo 400 low profile transmission pan fits cars and trucks with the GM TH 400 transmission. This transmission is found in GMC and Chevy vehicles such as:
- 1970-76 models of Corvette, Chevy, Cadillac, Olds, Buick
- Blazer (2WD and 4WD)
- K1500, K2500, K3500 (2WD and 4WD)
The transmission was first available in 1964.
If your stock pan has a dipstick receiver on the side of the pan, a PML Turbo 400 is not compatible with your vehicle.
The pan has a boss that can be machined for a temperature sensor.
PML also offers an extra capacity deep pan for these applications. The deep pan has the same capacity as the stock truck TH 400 transmission pan.
The TH400 transmission is called Super Turbine 400 or Turbo 400 in the racing field and is formally called THM400 for Turbo-Hydra-matic 400. It first appeared in cars in 1964 and continued in production in the 1980s. In 1980s GM changed the name to 3L80.
PML Transmission Pan Features:
- Sand-cast aluminum with raised fins
- 3/16-inch thick wall construction to add strength to the transmission case
- 3/8-inch thick gasket flange will not bend when bolts are tightened
- Machined gasket surface for a secure seal
- Boss cast into pan can be machined for a temperature sensor
- Magnetic drain plug for easier, less messy maintenance
- Mounting hardware provided
Gasket and filter not included (use stock parts).
If you would like PML to machine your pan for a temperature sensor, there is an additional charge of $40. Please place your order over the phone if you would like machining.
Learn more about finishes and construction of PML parts.